Student Leadership Nominations
Every year Eleanor Roosevelt College recognizes the students, programs and organizations that make our college the amazing place it is! Please take a few moments to nominate an ERC Student, a Program/Event, and/or an ERC Org for being extra awesome this past academic year!
You are permitted and ENCOURAGED to nominate MORE THAN ONE Student, Program, or Organization – so PLEASE DO! Simply fill out the form found below for each person, program or organization you would like to nominate. If you are submitting multiple nominations please simply refresh this page and the form should reappear to allow you to complete another nomination.
These awards are presented to the Student Organizations and the Individual Students at our yearly ERC Recognition Event held in May.
The awards are given based on student nominations only – if you don’t take the time to nominate programs, organizations, and students then we won’t be able to recognize them. Please take the time to fill out at least one nomination form.
Descriptions of the Eleanor Roosevelt Golden Awards
- RISING STAR: Typically given to one new ERC freshman OR one new ERC transfer student who has shown great potential in the first year of being an involved ERC leader.
- OUTSTANDING STUDENT LEADER OF THE YEAR: Awarded to one ERC student who holds a leadership role in some capacity that has gone above and beyond the responsibilities within their position to ensure the success of an event, of the org they are a part of, etc.
- OUTSTANDING PROGRAM: Recognition for the best ERC student program/event that was put on throughout that particular academic year.
- OUTSTANDING STUDENT ORGANIZATION: Awarded to one ERC Organization that has stood out over the course of the academic year in their growth in both numbers and success of events, consistently proven to represent the ERC mission statement and/or overcame challenges of some kind, etc.
Descriptions of the Roosevelt Student Leadership Awards
- OUTSTANDING COMMUTER STUDENT: Awarded to a student who commutes to campus and has been integrally involved in contributing to the ERC Community in a positive and meaningful way
- OUTSTANDING TRANSFER STUDENT: Awarded to an outstanding ERC transfer student leader
- OUTSTANDING I-HOUSE RESIDENT: Typically given to two I-House Residents (one Domestic & one International Student) – both of whom have lead ERC/I-House events & represented the ERC mission statement through their leadership.
- OUTSTANDING RESIDENCE HALL RESIDENT: Awarded to an ERC student who is currently living in the Res Halls, who demonstrated their involvement and leadership skills and has contributed to the ERC Community in a positive and contributing manner.
- OUTSTANDING APARTMENT RESIDENT: Awarded to an ERC student who is currently living in the ERC Apartments who demonstrated their involvement and leadership skills and has contributed to the ERC Community in a positive and contributing manner.
- OUTSTANDING CULTURAL PROGRAM: A program or event put on by ERC students or an ERC Organization that helped to promote cultural awareness and understanding
- OUTSTANDING EDUCATION PROGRAM: A program or event put on by ERC students or an ERC Organization that educated and empowered the ERC community about some sort of issue, topic, etc.
- OUTSTANDING SOCIAL PROGRAM: A program or event, either on or off campus, put on by ERC students or an ERC Organization with the goal of promoting social interaction across the ERC Community.
- OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY SERVICE PROGRAM: A program or event put on by ERC students or an ERC Organization that embodied the goals of serving the community on campus, within San Diego, the United States or abroad.
- BEST EFFORT BY A STUDENT ORGANIZATION: An ERC Organization that continued to persevere through a variety of obstacles either for a particular program/event or throughout the academic year.
- OUTSTANDING JOINT EFFORT BY MULTIPLE STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS: Recognition for outstanding collaboration between ERC organizations (usually in recognition of an event or program that was put together by 2 or more ERC Orgs)