Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! We're looking forward to being a part of your celebrations! Please follow directions carefully in order to participate in commencement.
- Degree and Diploma Application (DDA): Check with Academic Adivising for a graduation checklist. When you are ready, file your DDA by visiting degree.ucsd.edu during your final quarter. If you wish to have your name in the Commencement Program, you must complete your DDA before May 1st.
- Registration for Commencement: Graduating Student: Registration for commencement will be open to graduating UC San Diego students from Monday, April 3, through Wednesday, May 17. Students can register for All Campus Commencement and ERC Commencement here: http://commencement.ucsd.edu. Sign in with your student PID and password. Commencement fee: $54.00, charged to your student account upon registration.
All Campus Commencement Ceremony ~ Saturday, June 17, 2017, 9:00 am: Students must register before May 17 to receive a graduating student ticket and a maximum of two guaranteed guest tickets. You may request up to four guest tickets total. Additional ticket requests beyond the two guaranteed tickets will be filled according to availability on a first-come, first-served basis. An All Campus Commencement ticket is required for all graduating students and guests.
ERC Commencement Ceremony ~ Sunday, June 18, 2017, 8:00 am: Undergraduates must register through http://commencement.ucsd.edu to receive a ticket to participate in their college ceremony. Tickets are not required for guests attending college ceremonies.
Ticket pickup: All tickets ordered by May 17 will be distributed by the UC San Diego Bookstore May 22–June 2, 2017.
- Triton Packs: Get everything you need with a Triton Pride Pack! All packages include membership in the UCSD Alumni Association, participation in the Senior Class Challenge, cap and gown rental, college tassel, and commencement fee!
- Students who submit their DDA starting Fall 2016 until May 1, 2017 will have their name included in the 2017 Commencement Program. If you are not ready to submit your DDA but you want to ensure that your name is included in the Commencement Program be sure to log onto http://degree.ucsd.edu and select either "Add name to Commencement Booklet (but not ready to apply for Degree)" or "Apply for Degree (and add name to commencement booklet)".
- The list of names to be included in this year's commencement program will be in a binder on the front desk of the ERC Dean of Student Affairs office during the First Week of May 2017. You will receive an e-mail from ERC Student Affairs inviting you to the office to view this list.
- Please note that Fall 2018 graduates' names will not be published in the June 2017 Commencement Program. Those students' names will be included in the 2017 - 2018 Program.
- If you do not want your name printed in the program, please be sure to indicate that desire when submitting your DDA.
- Graduates must report to Spanos Field (North of RIMAC) an hour before the ceremony time - 7:00am Sunday, June 18
- Students, please do not bring personal possessions such as purses, cameras, etc... as there is no secured location to house them. No coolers are permitted.
- We will brief you on the ceremony and give final instructions when you report at the Spanos Track. Important announcements will be made so it is important that you be there ON TIME!
If you would like to participate in another College's Commencement Ceremony:
Graduating students, if you attend commencement, you must participate in your home college’s ceremony. Check the list below for possible exceptions.
If one of the circumstances below applies, and you are unable to graduate with your college, you may request to participate in another college’s ceremony. This is called an “exception request.”
Submit your written exception request via e-mail by midnight Wednesday, May 17, 2017, with supporting documents described below, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be notified in writing of the committee’s decision. Supporting documents will be kept confidential and securely disposed of after a decision is made.
Exceptions considered by the committee:
- You have worked or lived in a college environment other than your home college for two years.
Provide documentation on university letterhead from the Residential Life Office or college supervisor confirming the two-year period. Living at the Village is not applicable to this exception request.
- You have served as a resident adviser, orientation leader or intern at a college other than your home college.
Provide documentation on university letterhead from the Dean of Student Affairs stating the college position you held.
- An immediate family member is graduating from an elementary, middle or high school, or a college or university at a time that conflicts with your home college’s ceremony.*
Provide documentation on official letterhead from the school’s principal or dean stating the date and time of the conflicting school’s graduation.
- Religious law prevents you from attending your home college’s commencement ceremony.
Provide documentation on official organizational letterhead supporting the exception request.
*Note: If you receive an exception, you’ll be assigned to another college ceremony by the reviewing committee. You cannot request a specific ceremony.
If you would like to participate in Commencement this Spring but you will not be finished with your coursework until after the following Fall Quarter:
You must send an email to the ERC Student Affairs Office. Please be sure to refer to the detailed information and instructions listed on the Frequently Asked Questions Page.
Show how much being a Triton means to you and leave your legacy on campus by making a gift of $20.17 (in honor of your graduating class) to UC San Diego.
The Senior Class Gift (SCG) is your first step into joining the UC San Diego alumni community and showing how much being a Triton means to you. The mission of the SCG is to engage seniors to leave their legacy and cultivate a pattern of philanthropy before leaving UC San Diego.
By giving $20.17 in honor of our graduating class, you are committing to make UC San Diego a better place. We give back because seniors before us helped make our Triton experience possible. Now it’s our turn to give others the same opportunities.Learn More