Study Abroad as an ERC Student
The world cannot be understood from a single point of view -Eleanor Roosevelt
- Multiply your career options with international experience
- Opportunities exist for students of all language levels
- Go anytime, according to your schedule - not just for a year or semester
- It's affordable! Living costs in some countries are cheaper than in La Jolla
- Graduate on time - talk to your major advisor and ERC academic counselor about how easy it is to fit study abroad into your degree
University of California's Education Abroad Progam (EAP), UC San Diego's Opportunities Abroad Program (OAP) and Global Seminars, you may study, work, volunteer and pursue internships throughout the world while earning credit towards your degree and gaining valuable international experience.
- Attend a First Steps meeting at the International Center (call 534-1123 for schedule)
- Visit http://icenter.ucsd.edu to find out more!
- Start your research in the Study Abroad Library
- Meet with a Study Abroad advisor
- Complete your Academic Planning Form
- Schedule a visit with your major advisor
- Visit the ERC advising office
The key to success is planning! Taking your ERC general education requirements is easy anywhere in the world. Learn more about how to choose courses abroad for your ERC general education requirements:Guidelines for Choosing Courses Abroad
You will find coursework relevant to your major at many EAP study centers. Review several programs that can help you meet your needs.
OAP students may retain all or some of their funding while abroad, including special study abroad scholarships, but because of the variety of the programs found through OAP, costs for individual programs can vary greatly.
Check here for specific information about scholarships and financial aid: studyabroad.ucsd.edu
ERC also has our own study abroad scholarship just for our students: ERC Scholarships